Monday, November 19, 2007

Been a long gap

I have been so busy as of late, between high school football, baseball, hockey and more that I just have not had time to sit down and make any meaningful type of post here.  But, I am making time now.  Last night, while reading the news online, I saw that a friend of mine from the late 80's early 90's was found dead.  Not just dead, but murdered.  Tony Harris, who was a Garfield Bulldog in Seattle, and later a WSU Cougar taking Washington State to the NCAA Tournament in 1994, was found dead outside the capital of Brazil on Sunday.  It has not been confirmed as of yet, but it looks like he was murdered.

Tony was one of the nicest guys you could meet and a great hoops player.  I lost touch with him over 15 years ago as we both went our separate ways, but for a couple summers, if I was on a basketball court during the summer in Seattle, there was a good chance I was playing with or against Tony.

He will be missed.

No comments: